Here's the changes for the OBS Studio plugin.
v2.6.1 - May 18th 2020
- Improve connection behavior
- Fix rare issue where switching decoders/restarting connection could put the video decoder into an unrecoverable state
v2.6.0 - April 30th 2020
- Add latency option. Normal or Low. Low latency is default.
- Add option to use a hardware decoder on MacOS.
v2.5.2 - April 19th 2020
- Fixes an issue where the plugin would unnecessarily reconnect to the device when starting and stopping streaming in OBS Studio
v2.5.1 - March 24th 2020
- Fixed the unidentified developer warning upon plugin installation
v2.5.1 - October 11th 2019
- Fix issue loading plugin on v24.x.x on Windows
v2.5.0 - March 2nd 2019
- Fixes issues with multiple devices and crashing when closing OBS Studio
- Remove excessive reconnecting to devices. This fixes a bunch of issue with getting multiple devices connected.
- Fix CI building
v2.4.0 - January 13th 2019
- Fix Fixes distorted video rendering that was found on some iOS devices that are older than 2 years.
v2.3.2 - August 21st 2018
- Fix Add support for OBS Studio v22 on the mac
v2.3.1 - July 28th 2018
- Improvement Improve audio decoding performance when using USB
- Fix Incremented build number (v2.3.0 didn't correctly report the version number in the log)
v2.2.1 - July 14th 2018
- Fix Fix issue where plugin wouldn't load correctly on macOS.
v2.2.0 - July 13th 2018
- New Add audio support.
Make sure to update to v2.2.1 if you're on macOS
- Fix Fixed a framework loading issue that prevented the plugin from loading
- New Add support for multiple devices
- New Add preferences, with button to reconnect to your device.
- Improvement Improve performance of decoding, allows higher frame rates and resolution (depending on your hardware)
- Improvement Improve connection reliability so it's now easier to connect a device. If you have trouble, toggle the visibility of the iOS Camera input and that'll force a reconnection. If that doesn't work, force quit Camera for OBS Studio on your iOS Device and try again - working on improving this.
- Fix Fix issue on OSX where you had brew install ffmpeg before the plugin would load
- Initial release with Mac & PC Support 🎉
Here's the list of changes for the Camera for OBS Studio iOS App.
- Add all new capture screen including manual camera controls, exposure peaking, focus peaking & histogram
- Add ability to switch Camera Lens (Ultra-wide now supported on iPhone 11)
- Improve encoding performance when switching/flipping cameras
- Fix audio streaming glitches on newer devices (sound is bearable now)
- Update NDI to version 2.8 to improve performance
- Add support for the new iPhone XS Max
- Add support to change keyframe interval when using the USB Connection Mode
- Improve Focus Crosshair UI
- Fix issue where focus crosshair would dim while changing the brightness
- Fix Fix rotation issue on iPad.
- New Add new settings: Independently choose resolution, frame rates and the encoding bitrate to find the sweet spot between performance and quality
- Fix Fix stretched video preview on iPad
- Fix Fix issue with flipped image when using the front facing camera (Not sure this is the best solution, but for now the video is now correct on the receiver)
- Fix Fix issue with rotating buttons in landscape
- New Add NewTek NDI WiFi streaming!
- Fix Fix issue where launching app while your device is in landscape would be problamatic
- New Add microphone support (requires [OBS Studio plugin v2.2.0+](/docs/getting-started/))
- Improvement Redesigned settings screen
- New Your quality setting is now remembered between launches!
- Fix Fix issue where iPad would crash under some circumstances
- Fix Fix issue where switching between rear and front facing camera would freeze on older devices
Here's the next major release - major cause' you've got to update the OBS Studio plugin before it'll connect. I've added the much requested features that you've asked for.
- New Add support for multiple devices
- New Add tap to focus just like the camera app
- New Add pinch to zoom
- Improvement Improved connection handling
- New Add installation instructions for Windows
- New Add message about higher resolutions and framerates
- Improvement Set keyframe duration to every 10 frames to improve sync
- New Add new icon
- New Add link to the OBS Plugin in the settings screen
- New Add ability to see which resolution is currently selected in the settings screen
- Fix Fix issue where rotating your device in the settings screen, and then closing the settings screen would result in the video preview being laid out incorrectly
- Fix Fix issue where the video would playback in super speed after closing settings after a minute or two
- Improvement Improve the appearance of the settings button
- Initial Release