We're continuing to release updates as we fix things and add new features. Here's what we've changed over time.
Changes for the iOS Camera OBS Studio plugin.
v2.9.0 - February 14th 2022
- Fix compatability with OBS Studio 27.2 and above on MacOS.
v2.8.0 - March 25th 2021
- Show device names in the list
- Fix issue where OBS Studio wouldn't open with an iOS device plugged in
- Update dependencies
- Refactor portal to handle more connection edge cases
v2.7.0 - December 16th 2020
- Add automatic device connection behaviour
- Fix freezing during connection (refactor connection process)
- Improve thread safety on mac hardware decoder
v2.6.1 - May 18th 2020
- Improve connection behavior
- Fix rare issue where switching decoders/restarting connection could put the video decoder into an unrecoverable state
v2.6.0 - April 30th 2020
- Add latency option. Normal or Low. Low latency is default.
- Add option to use a hardware decoder on MacOS.
v2.5.2 - April 19th 2020
- Fixes an issue where the plugin would unnecessarily reconnect to the device when starting and stopping streaming in OBS Studio
v2.5.1 - March 24th 2020
- Fixed the unidentified developer warning upon plugin installation
v2.5.1 - October 11th 2019
- Fix issue loading plugin on v24.x.x on Windows
v2.5.0 - March 2nd 2019
- Fixes issues with multiple devices and crashing when closing OBS Studio
- Remove excessive reconnecting to devices. This fixes a bunch of issue with getting multiple devices connected.
- Fix CI building
v2.4.0 - January 13th 2019
- Fix Fixes distorted video rendering that was found on some iOS devices that are older than 2 years.
v2.3.2 - August 21st 2018
- Fix Add support for OBS Studio v22 on the mac
v2.3.1 - July 28th 2018
- Improvement Improve audio decoding performance when using USB
- Fix Incremented build number (v2.3.0 didn't correctly report the version number in the log)
v2.2.1 - July 14th 2018
- Fix Fix issue where plugin wouldn't load correctly on macOS.
v2.2.0 - July 13th 2018
- New Add audio support.
Make sure to update to v2.2.1 if you're on macOS
v2.0.1 (macOS only) - May 15th 2018
- Fix Fixed a framework loading issue that prevented the plugin from loading
v2.0.0 - May 15th 2018
- New Add support for multiple devices
- New Add preferences, with button to reconnect to your device.
- Improvement Improve performance of decoding, allows higher frame rates and resolution (depending on your hardware)
- Improvement Improve connection reliability so it's now easier to connect a device. If you have trouble, toggle the visibility of the iOS Camera input and that'll force a reconnection. If that doesn't work, force quit Camera for OBS Studio on your iOS Device and try again - working on improving this.
- Fix Fix issue on OSX where you had brew install ffmpeg before the plugin would load
- Initial release with Mac & PC Support 🎉
Changes for the Camera for OBS Studio iOS App.
v3.2.2 - Nov 18th 2021
- You can now tap the remote control URL to share it with your computer, no more typing! IPv6 is now supported.
- Improved onboarding for new users.
v3.2.1 - Nov 3rd 2021
- Fixed an issue where a few of you experienced freezes in 4K 60fps.
- Fixed an issue where the remote control web page in Chrome wouldn't load as expected.
v3.2.0 - Nov 1st 2021
- Add remote control. Control the app from your web browser on your computer. No need to have access to the device anymore to line up that shot perfectly.
- Add support for iOS15 portrait mode
v3.1.3 - May 31st 2021
- Fixed a small issue where the app would flick between automatic and manual mode after configuring manual mode in low light situations
v3.1.2 - May 14th 2021
- Added ability to turn on Video Stabilization in the settings
- Updated NDI library to fix local network permission requests. NDI works as expected on iOS14+
- Fix NDI issue where it would stop working after resuming the app from the background
- Fixed issue where overexposure zebras would be disabled in some configurations when they should be enabled
v3.1.1 - October 12th 2020
- Fixed audio issues introduced in v3.1.0
v3.1.0 - September 29th 2020
- Added support for bluetooth microphones!
- Add ability to turn on the devices torch
- Add new shutter speed UI control
- Fix issue where settings might not lock
- Fix crash related to changing the white balance.
v3.0.3 - July 1st 2020
- Fix an issue where the autofocus was triggering unexpectedly
- Fix an issue where occasionally the auto focus crosshair was shown as locked when it shouldn't
- Prevent screen flicker when rotating the device
v3.0.2 - June 22nd 2020
- Fix a crash when switchin cameras on some devices
- Fix an issue where selecting a custom FPS before selecting a custom resolution could revert the FPS selection
v3.0.1 - May 8th 2020
- Revert some changes to the video encoding pipeline that introduced some delays for a small number of people
- Fix a crash on iPad when presenting connection details
v3.0.0 - May 5th 2020
- Add all new capture screen including manual camera controls, exposure peaking, focus peaking & histogram
- Add ability to switch Camera Lens (Ultra-wide now supported on iPhone 11)
- Improve encoding performance when switching/flipping cameras
- Fix audio streaming glitches on newer devices (sound is bearable now)
v2.5.0 - March 3rd 2019
- Update NDI to version 2.8 to improve performance
- Add support for the new iPhone XS Max
- Add support to change keyframe interval when using the USB Connection Mode
- Improve Focus Crosshair UI
- Fix issue where focus crosshair would dim while changing the brightness
v2.4.1 - September 23rd 2018
- Fix Fix rotation issue on iPad.
v2.4.0 - August 3rd 2018
- New Add new settings: Independently choose resolution, frame rates and the encoding bitrate to find the sweet spot between performance and quality
- Fix Fix stretched video preview on iPad
- Fix Fix issue with flipped image when using the front facing camera (Not sure this is the best solution, but for now the video is now correct on the receiver)
v2.3.0 - July 28th 2018
- Fix Fix issue with rotating buttons in landscape
- New Add NewTek NDI WiFi streaming!
v2.2.0 - July 15th 2018
- Fix Fix issue where launching app while your device is in landscape would be problamatic
- New Add microphone support (requires [OBS Studio plugin v2.2.0+](/docs/getting-started/))
- Improvement Redesigned settings screen
v2.1.0 - June 1st 2018
- New Your quality setting is now remembered between launches!
- Fix Fix issue where iPad would crash under some circumstances
- Fix Fix issue where switching between rear and front facing camera would freeze on older devices
v2.0.0 - May 15th 2018
Here's the next major release - major cause' you've got to update the OBS Studio plugin before it'll connect. I've added the much requested features that you've asked for.
- New Add support for multiple devices
- New Add tap to focus just like the camera app
- New Add pinch to zoom
- Improvement Improved connection handling
- New Add installation instructions for Windows
- New Add message about higher resolutions and framerates
- Improvement Set keyframe duration to every 10 frames to improve sync
- New Add new icon
- New Add link to the OBS Plugin in the settings screen
- New Add ability to see which resolution is currently selected in the settings screen
- Fix Fix issue where rotating your device in the settings screen, and then closing the settings screen would result in the video preview being laid out incorrectly
- Fix Fix issue where the video would playback in super speed after closing settings after a minute or two
- Improvement Improve the appearance of the settings button
- Initial Release