Getting Started with NewTek NDI
Let's setup OBS Studio with the third party NewTek NDI plugin so we can receive the wireless video & audio signal from our iOS devices.
1. Download the NewTek NDI plugin for OBS Studio
You can download the plugin from GitHub here or from the OBS Studio plugin directory here
With the latest version of the OBS NDI plugin, you have to manually install the NDI runtime on your computer. Please follow the instuctions provided by the NDI plugin author here https://github.com/Palakis/obs-ndi/releases
2. Download and install the Camera for OBS Studio iOS App
3. Configure the device output
First we have to configure the Camera for OBS Studio app to broadcast via the NewTek NDI source.
- Open the app's preferences
- Select the output tab
- Select NewTek NDI output
- Tap done
- To confirm, the status label will update to the NDI status.
4. Add the NDI input into your OBS Studio Scene
- Add the NewTek NDI source to your scene
- Select the network device
With any luck it'll all work out! Depending on your network it may help to enable low bandwidth mode too.
If you do not see your iOS device listed. There are many thing that it could be.
- It might take up to 5 seconds to connect sometimes.
- Make sure that both your computer and iOS device are connected to the same network
- Make sure that you're using a 5GHz gigabit wifi modem
- Distance and number of walls from the router will negatively affect performance due to Physics.
- Is multicasting enabled on your network & supported by your router? read more here